Thursday, October 02, 2008

One week away...


One week from today, Grace will be 2! She's been talking about her party for about a month now. She's specifically requested a BIG pink cake and a little green cake. It's going to be so fun to see the look on her face when she sees the cakes. She even sings the Happy Birthday song from beginning to end to herself (and then of course she likes to go through the whole family- Mommy, Daddy, Harley, etc.).

Her latest interests have been counting and singing. Every night Grace asks for Jacob and I to sing her songs while she falls asleep. The other night I started to sing to her the song, Lord Prepare Me. I got a couple of words into it and all of the sudden she started singing it along with me. She actually got a lot of the words right! It was one of those precious, tender moments when you realize that they're absorbing all that you're pouring out. I remember singing her that song while bouncing on the exercise ball to get her to sleep in her first few weeks of life. It's amazing how things come full circle.

1 comment:

lena jo said...

Can't wait to celebrate the big 2 yr old birthday girl and to hear her sing those songs!