Saturday, October 18, 2008
A moment worth documenting...
So, tonight I did my usual ritual with Grace before bed (Jacob was gone). Jammies, brush teeth, change diaper, a handful of books, a small bottle, and then I rock her for a little bit before putting her in her bed. As I began to rock her tonight and give her the bottle, she looked up at me (I could just see her eyes by the light of the nightlight), spit the bottle out of her mouth, and said, "Mommy sing songs." I said, "Okay, what song do you want me to sing." Without thinking she replied, "About Jesus." In an instant I felt that little lump in the back of my throat, kissed her head, and said, of course I'll sing you songs about Jesus. I have to mention that I can't remember a time I have said to her that I'm going to sing her songs specifically about "Jesus." I've just sung to her whatever worship songs come to mind and many of them probably don't even mention the name of Jesus. Well, after not even making it through Jesus Loves Me one time through, she had fallen fast asleep (she rarely falls to sleep this fast). The Scripture, "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Phil. 4:7) immediately came to mind and I had an overwhelming since that Jesus was very near to Grace and that in turn she felt near to Him. It was an awesome moment that I had to share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
how sweet.
Post a Comment