For those of you keeping track of Grace from afar, here are a few things she's been up to at 21 months...
Ever since she's been able to actually say her colors, she's become obsessed with identifying everything with it's color, i.e. "purple shoes", "black bird", "yellow ball", "blue swing", "green leaves" (to name a few). What a blessing the gift of language is!
Circles have been her shape of choice the past couple of days and she can actually draw one. I'll have to post some video of her drawing circles.
This morning I was sitting on the floor and she came up behind me and started playing with my hair. Just like I do after I finish doing her hair, she would have me look at her and then with a huge smile say "oooh, cute!" Then she'd go back and keep working on it, look at me again and say "oooh, pretty!" Then she actually took me to go look in the mirror as I usually do with her. When I saw the masterpiece she kept say "Cute! Cute!" (It was actually a mess, but I didn't let on) It's amazing what they pick up from you!
Many of you know she's sensitive to hot things. A few weeks ago she thought something was hot that wasn't. I said, "No, Grace, it's not hot." Her response to me was "Warm?" I was floored. Now every time I say something's not hot she says it's warm. I think she's comfortable with this compromise.
Yesterday some friends were over with their 2 year old son. He and Grace were fighting over some toy so I said, "Grace you need to share with Javier." She stood up, with great determination, looked me in the eye and declared "I share!" Then, she stormed into her room and got another toy to play with, as if to say I'll be the big one here.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a cute personality she has:)
Post a Comment