Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Just Waiting...



Well, well, well...the 37th week is upon us and Abigail finds herself waiting for Gracie in her new glider that was lovingly given to us by a couple at church (Tom and Chiaki Yasumura), who recovered it for us using fabric Abigail picked out to match the nursery. It's highly comfortable and is kind of the finishing piece to the nursery. This is also an exciting week because she's now considered full-term, so we're at a good place. Comfortablity seems to be a fleeting memory at this point and before dinner tonight we both commented that we think her stomach has made some significant gains in girth over the past week. Yet, we still kept our evening ritual of walking Harley around Glendora and enjoying SoCal at dusk. Tonight we talked about fall and what traditions we wanted to start this year with our daughter. We'll miss our traditional October weekened in Michigan, but hope to return next year! We also used our fetal microphone to have a chat with her. In the midst of my daddy-daughter talk, I unexplicably broke into a medly of old Steven Curtis Chapman slow songs (which incidently I believe he performed on The Great Adventure tour CD probably still residing in mom and dad's basement). She now knows where I'll be when she is a soldier, and where I'll be tomorrow morning when she wakes up and the sun does not appear!

I must say that this has definitely been a new and wonderful journey thus far. It's been fun to see Abigail grow (in many ways) and change. To anticipate new life with her and prepare to be parents. Still somewhat unbelievable that by this time next month, we could very well be holding this gift. Am I ready to receive her? Excitement mixed with holy fear. Excited to start a new chapter of life. Holy fear beacause how do you hold something of the divine without a certain bit of trepidation. Just some thoughts 4 weeks out. Love to all!

5 comments:

sarahjane said...

look at the belly! see, i'm telling you, isn't sitting on a glider like sitting on air?! : ) i can't believe in four weeks we're going to have our first gaines baby (of this generation, of course)! hurry up, gracie.

profe said...

wow, beautiful cub. Yeah..the friendship and the fear of caring for God's "grace" for the moment is ....like you say it...Awesome! E-X-C-T-I-T-E-D!!! Soak in these remaining days with Abs and the indescribable!!! intimacy of awaiting your gift. Love you guys. SO HAPPY SHE'S FULL TERM!

Benjamin Brus said...

The OB student says that you aren't OFFICIALLY full-term until 38 weeks.... I only clarify this because of my reoccurring nightmare that Abigail will deliver before I...AHHHH! Get this kid out of me!

We are so excited and await to see this blonde beauty! How nice that our girls have immediate BFF"S!
Love to you all (esp. Harley)
Mary

Benjamin Brus said...

I still disagree.... did I mention I got a 4.0!

Quote: "A pregnancy is considered TERM if it advances to 38-40 weeks". Don't mess with me right now. I am SUPER hormonal and bitter that this pregnancy will NEVER end. Tell Kathy Killebrew that I'm getting a freakin' epidural! Can you sense my misery? If she doesn't come out this weekend I QUIT!

Benjamin Brus said...

PPS
Why are there no more pic's of you up????
Send some love out to the midwest.